ministry of music and cultural affairs
We envision ourselves:
- As active animators of liturgical worship through music
- As an organized community that develops the talents of its members
- As a committed and enthusiastic group that encourages people to serve God and the community
- As a bridge that builds and supports healthy relationship among our members and other parish groups.
The St. John Bosco Parish Ministry of Music and Cultural Affairs (MOMCA) includes several choirs which animate with their songs the Parish's Sunday Masses, thereby encouraging the active participation of the rest of the assembly. They also serve during liturgical celebrations for special occasions, including solemnities, the Simbang Gabi and weddings and baptisms.
In 2008, MOMCA started organizing Summer Choral Workshops which culminated with a Choral fest. Since 2010, they have been mounting year-round Music Workshops for children and adults (for voice, piano, guitar and violin). Recently, they held choral conducting and liturgical music composition workshops, as well.
MOMCA has been the Parish's wellspring of vibrant, committed and creative service in the Parish's year-round cultural events: from professionally organizing concerts and choral competitions, to assisting the Information Ministry in providing the Parish's information and promotion needs. For the past years, their members have helped in creating beautiful and elegantly executed arrangements for the Altar of Repose and Easter Vigil's Blessing of the Water rites.
To join any of our choirs, please contact GAYL at...
We commit, therefore to:
- Be prepared in all aspects for the celebration of the Holy Eucharist
- Help and encourage each member to share and develop his/her leadership and musical potentials and skills
- Participate actively in Parish activities
- Deepen relationships with the parishioners
- Provide assistance to other parish groups
- Conceptualize and implement activities to instill commitment to serve
- Be initiators of a warm and harmonious atmosphere among our members and other groups