GUIDELINES ON BAPTISMS, CONFIRMATIONS, WEDDINGS,
FUNERALS AND OTHER SERVICES
Cost of Treatment
Medical Clinic: A love offering of P30 each patient. All medicines needed to completely treat the patient (paracetamol, antibiotic, etc.) are provided by the parish FOR FREE.
Dental Clinic: Consultations are free. A fee of P100 is charged to the patient for tooth extraction but antibiotics are free. For more difficult procedures like teeth filling, the fee is P120 per patient. However, all medicines are free. Makati City residents are qualified to receive treatment. However, in emergency cases, the parish may provide medicines for non-residents who appeal for parish assistance.
REMINDER-- Baptism, with Mass, starts at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays (with Seminar for Parents and Sponsors) at the Blessed Sacrament Chapel at the back of the main church. Thank you.
* Photocopy of child's birth certificate
* Original copy of parents’ Catholic Marriage Certificate
* Permit from the parents’ parish church to have
their baptism outside their own parish (for non-parishioners)
Fee (non-refundable): P300.00 for the principal sponsors (first pair) and the cost of baptismal candles and certificate; P100.00 for every additional sponsor (P200.00 per pair)
The parents should be married in the Catholic Church. If the parents want their child to grow in the Catholic faith, they themselves should live this faith and follow the discipline of the Catholic Church. Parishioners, who are married civilly or not married at all should see the Parish Priest for an interview.
Non-parishioners who are married civilly or not married at all are advised to have their child baptized in their own parish. The Sacrament of Baptism is a communal celebration.
It is celebrated within the Holy Mass on Sunday at 11:15 a.m., the day the church celebrates the Paschal Mystery. To show the communitarian dimension of the sacrament, we do not have individual baptism except for very serious reasons (medical, cases of emergency, security, etc.) Convenience is not a serious reason.
If you want your child to be a member of our parish, please allow the parish community to be present and to welcome your child when he/she is baptized. Baptism then becomes more meaningful. More people will also pray for your child.
Picture taking is only allowed during the actual baptismal rite. Please refrain from taking pictures during the Holy Mass. Picture taking however, is allowed after the Holy Mass.
Proper church decorum should be observed.
Please dress properly and decently. Ladies in plunging/revealing necklines, backless attires, or short skirts and men in sandos and shorts will not be allowed to enter the church.
Sponsors must be Catholics who have received the sacraments of Christian initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist. More importantly, sponsors must be willing to be partners with the parents in rearing their child into a mature and committed Christian.
The CONFIRMATION RITE is held at the Saint John Bosco Parish Church ONCE A YEAR (usually during the Parish Fiesta celebration.
The deadline for registration is ONE MONTH before the Confirmation date.
(1) Candidates must be twelve (12) years old and above.
(2) Candidates must attend all the required seminars.
(3) A copy of recent baptismal certificate
for confirmation purposes.
(1) Parents’ Recollection & Meeting for Confirmandi
(scheduled three weeks before Confirmation)
(2) First Seminar of Confirmandi
(three weeks before Confirmation)
(3) Second Seminar of Confirmandi
(two weeks before Confirmation)
(4) Godparents’ Seminar & Practice
(two weeks before Confirmation)
(5) Second Rehearsal (a week before Confirmation)
(6) General Rehearsal of Confirmandi & Godparents
(scheduled a day before Confirmation)
Guidelines for Wedding Rites
I. RESERVATIONS must be made as early as possible and no later than THREE (3) MONTHS before the wedding.
II. OFFERING: P17,000.00 (without airconditioning) or P22,500.00 (with airconditioning)
The offering covers:
* The wedding ceremony within the Holy Mass.
* The registration forms, marriage certificate, use of the center aisle red carpet
* Nuptial and unity candles and booklets (for the couple only)
* Flowers at the center aisle and around the altar.
OPTIONAL: P500.00 fee for electrical/photographic devices (battery chargers, video lights, photo/video equipment, etc.)
(1) A non-refundable deposit of P2,000.00.
(2) UPDATED Baptismal Certificates of the couple (issued within six months before the wedding), with the specification ‘FOR MARRIAGE PURPOSES ONLY’
(3) Marriage license. (You may get a marriage license from any city/municipality two months before the wedding. Note: a marriage license is only valid for 120 days from the date of issue)
(4) Confirmation certificate (Kumpil)
(5) Our Parish Office will give you the following forms:
* Banns and Permit forms for the bride. (The bride’s parish priest will be asked to give his permission for her to marry outside her parish. The Banns will be posted in her parish for three consecutive Sundays.)
* Banns form for the groom. (The Banns will be posted in his parish for three consecutive Sundays.)
(6) The following must be submitted two weeks before the wedding date:
* Marriage License
* Reply letters (Banns and Permit) from the respective parishes of the bride and groom
* Confirmation Certificates
* Full names of principal sponsors
* Settlement of the wedding-fee balance.
NOTE: Failure to complete these requirements will mean the cancellation of the wedding date
You will be with other couples during these activities. Please be PUNCTUAL. The appointments are:
(1) Canonical Interview
(2) Marriage Counseling
(3) Marriage Preparation Seminar
(4) Confession and Rehearsal (couple only)
(1) Failure to attend Marriage Counseling on the appointed date WITHOUT informing the office ahead of time will result in the CANCELLATION OF THE WEDDING DATE.
(2) Only a nuptial booklet approved by the National Liturgical Commission may be used during the wedding.
(3) A guest priest invited to solemnize the wedding must present his “celebret” (a document that guarantees his good standing in his Archdiocese) and photocopy of the certificate of renewal of registration, and authority to solemnize marriage).
(4) Parish clearance is given only to individuals 21 years
old and above.
(5) The ceremony will START EXACTLY on time.
(6) Guest singers are recommended to bring along their own organist or instrumentalists.
(7) Ring and coin bearers and flower girls should be at least five years old.
(8) The mother of the bride will receive the marriage certificate, together with the nuptial/unity candles and booklet, right after the wedding.
(9) Showering of flowers, rice, confetti, etc… is not allowed inside the church. However, this is allowed outside the church, at the church entrance.
(10) Only the members of the entourage are encouraged to join the pictorial .
(11) Church personnel and not the wedding coordinators are allowed to make the arrangements in the church.
(12) Proper church decorum is strictly observed.
Ladies (bride, mothers, bridal entourage, sponsors, guests, etc.) are expected to dress properly and decently. Ladies wearing dresses with plunging/revealing necklines or backless attires are not allowed to enter the church. To avoid any embarrassing situation, the bride and the groom should warn their entourage, sponsors, guests, etc. beforehand.
(13) A P5,000.00 “punctuality” deposit is required. This is refundable on the condition that the wedding ceremony starts on the scheduled time. This means that: (a) the bridal entourage arrives earlier than the scheduled time for the wedding; and (b) the wedding ceremony starts on the scheduled time. The church clock at the church entrance determines the scheduled time.
The Saint John Bosco Parish has four FUNERAL CHAPELS.
FAITH CHAPEL (Local 26)
Sitting capacity: 130 persons
3 air conditioners (2 package types & 1 window type)
Bed and refrigerator
Monitor with USB input
CHARITY CHAPEL (Local 28)
P195.00/hr (P 4,680/day)
Sitting capacity: 120 persons
3 air conditioners (2 package types & 1 window type)
Bed & refrigerator
HOPE CHAPEL (Local 27)
P135.00/hr (P 3,240/day)
Sitting capacity: 60 persons
2 air conditioners (1 package type & 1 window type)
LOVE CHAPEL (Local 18)
P 80.00/hr. (Php1,920.00/day)
Sitting capacity: 30 persons
1 air conditioner (window type)
Reservations are accepted at the PARISH OFFICE, please call 894-5932 to 34.
Rules and Regulations of the
Saint John Bosco Parish Funeral Chapels
(1) The funeral chapels cater only to CATHOLIC FAMILIES.
(2) To observe proper decorum in the Funeral Chapels during the wake, please follow these rules:
(a) Families and friends of the departed are encouraged to pray as they keep vigil. Be keenly aware of the sensibilities of others, and please see to it that children avoid playing, running or screaming. These can disturb those who are in mourning.
(b) Drinking liquor, gambling, playing loud music, etc. are prohibited inside and outside the funeral chapel. Snacks may be taken inside the family room.
(c) Electrical appliances should first have clearance from the office. Please refrain from moving furniture from one place to another. Wax candles are not allowed inside the chapels.
(d) The gate closes at midnight (12:00 a.m.) and opens at 5:00 am. No visitors are allowed during this time.
(e) Personal belongings inside the chapel and the security of cars in the parking area are the sole responsibility of the owners.
It is painful to the Lord
to see the death of his faithful.
-- Psalm 116: 15
(3) FUNERAL MASSES
At the Chapel
Funeral Masses may be celebrated in the funeral chapel if the participants can fit inside the chapel; otherwise, arrangements must be made to have the funeral masses in the church.
The Parish can only provide a priest on the Funeral Day itself, we cannot commit to provide a priest for daily or Novena masses. The Parish does not provide a priest for the gravesite ceremony.
(4) MAINTENANCE OF THE FUNERAL CHAPELS
Our maintenance personnel are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Beware of unscrupulous people claiming or masquerading as maintenance personnel.
(5) Please report any damage or breakage of furniture and equipment immediately. Damage or breakage resulting from the fault of a family member or guest will be charged to the family.